If you haven’t heard of Healdsburg, you’re in good company! I had not heard about this place until my wine-loving bestie suggested it for my Bachelorette party.
The cliff notes:
- It’s located in Sonoma County, about 1.5 hours by car north of San Francisco
- It’s a food and wine lover’s paradise!
- It’s an adorable town and there are a ton of super cute boutiques and antique shops — fun fact, it was named as one of “America’s Most Beautiful Town Squares” by Travel + Leisure Magazine
Here are some of my favorite spots if you’re planning a trip to Healdsburg.
I thoroughly enjoyed our seated and private tasting with the owner! We got to try so many different kinds of wine and take a quick tour of their facility. It really felt like a “start-up” winery that you wanted to root for, especially after trying their wine!
If you’re looking for something upscale and you’re a lover of bubbles or Pinot Noir then this is the spot for you. Their flights have quite generous pours and their cheese pairing is really fantastic!
This place is an absolutely adorable French cafe and bakery – and it’s been in Healdsburg since 1923! It’s truly a gem – and bonus: they have delicious espresso if you’re starting to drag from all that wine!
Who doesn’t love Spanish tapas? Need I really say more? This spot hit it all for me, especially the paella.
Warning: This place is a total splurge! It’s a 3-star Michelin restaurant (actually upgraded from 2 to 3 stars in 2019). What they can do with food here is truly remarkable, especially since they are also local growers.
I really just scratched the surface in Healdsburg and there are so many places that I am itching to go back and try. So, even though I haven’t been to these next few spots to actually be able to endorse them, I am sharing my list of “everything I want to do, eat and drink on my next trip to Healdsburg”. If you have been or end up going to one of these spots, please let me know your thoughts!
- Barndiva: Farm-to-table restaurant in an upscale barn (plus, the name really speaks to me!)
- Noble Folk Ice Cream & Pie Bar: Not sure I really need to say more!
- Duke’s Spirited Cocktails: I am such a sucker for fresh, interesting and beautiful cocktails!
- Savor Healdsburg Food Tours: If you can’t decide which foodie spots to try, why not do a food tour?!
- Madrona Manor: Foodie hearts love this 1-star restaurant, located at an adorable country inn that’s been around since 1881
- Jordan Winery: I have had their wines and they are sublime, plus their property looks gorgeous!
- D H Gustafson Family Vineyards: I’ve heard this spot is great to bring a picnic and enjoy the views over Lake Sonoma, along with a bottle of their wine of course!
- Seghesio Family Vineyards: Word is that their Chef’s Table with wine pairings experience is not-to-be- missed!